As you know I have been working on a refactor for the SLP code on the msn-prpl for libpurple as part of my Summer of Code. Before I started this project I have been working on adding support for "Multiple Points Of Presence" which are part of the MSN Protocol 16 (MSNP16).
Since by the time I started the SoC the msnp16 code was almost complete, I started to refactor the SLP module over the msnp16 code. At some time in the process of the refactio I got an ugly crash from one of the features of MSNP16, the P2P version 2 which uses a different binary header for SLP transfers than the one used before. This bug was caused by some clients not paying attention to the capabilities we expose, we clearly say we don't support P2P V2. To avoid this crash I have disabled MSNP16 in the SLP branch.
I have been testing the SLP code for a while with the MSNP16 feature enabled and it looks stable to be merged. The crash has gone, there are some minor changes that must be done, specially UI stuff, the new SLP stack have no known bug.
I have updated the SLP branch with the latest changes from the MSNP16 branch, so this branch  have every work waiting to be merged to pidgin's main development branch. This was the first step to get it merge-ready. There have been some testing form some of our closest geeky-friends and now I think it's ready.
My plan is to merge the SLP code with the MSNP16 feature enabled the next week to im.pidgin.pidgin. I ask everyone interested in this features to test it before it get to main branch so we can have a softer merging process.